People and Homes Conference 2018 will cut to the heart of the challenge of homelessness prevention: how to end poverty.
People struggling to afford their rent made up more than one-third of Shelter Cymru clients last year. How can we make housing more affordable and help people make ends meet?
Hear speakers who will fire you up with positive, productive solutions that will make you want to get out there and change the world for the better.
Speakers to date include:
- Darren ‘Loki’ McGarvey – Scottish rapper and author of Poverty Safari, described by Ken Loach as ‘Another cry of anger from a working class that feels the pain of a rotten, failing system’, will talk toxic stress and human behaviour.
- Anthony Painter – the Director of the Action and Research Centre will talk us through Universal Basic Income and the implications it could have for poverty, insecurity and homelessness as Glasgow prepares to be the first UK city to trial the controversial policy.
- Rebecca Evans AM – Minister for Housing and Regeneration will talk about her priorities for housing and homelessness in her keynote speech.
- Brighid Carey – Empty Homes Agency England.
- Joe Beswick – from the New Economics Foundation will talk about community-led people powered housing and the NEF’s work with communities and councils.
- Dr Simon Hoffman – Swansea University, will lead a workshop on housing as a human right and the future for legislation in the UK.
There will also be the launch of the major report on rough sleeping in Wales, called “Trapped on the Street”, in partnership with the Wallich.
Date: July 5th 2018
Venue: The Village Hotel, Swansea
£175 per delegate
Please contact the training and events team for sponsorship and promotional opportunities at this event (firstname.lastname@example.org)