If you think you have written a book that may fit with Luath’s publishing programme, and would like to make a submission to us, please follow the guidelines below:
Please firstly take a look at our current publishing programme. If you think that your book might fit with our publishing programme, please send:
- A clear synopsis of up to 250 words
- Which genre you would categorise it as (use our website categories as a guide)
- Sample chapters or manuscript
- A short biography
- Anything else of relevance
- If you want your manuscript returned you must provide a pre-paid envelope, otherwise please mark clearly that you are happy for us to recycle your manuscript (you will still be notified of our decision).
Do not send original copies or artwork. Luath Press cannot take responsibilty for any items sent to us.
- Please try to ensure that everything you send can be easily stored together, for example held together with a paperclip or all put in a cardboard folder.
- Please note that we cannot accept electronic submissions, only paper hard copies. SUBMISSIONS OR PROPOSALS SENT BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Will you return manuscripts?
- We will only return unsolicited manuscripts if you provide a pre-paid envelope.
- In the event that your manuscript is not deemed suitable for our publishing programme, and you do not want it returned to you, please mark clearly on your cover letter that you are happy for it to be recycled.
- Any manuscripts which do not include a pre-paid envelope or authorise recycling in the cover letter will be held for a maximum of two weeks from our decision letter, and we will recycle your manuscript after this date if we have not heard from you.
How long will it take?
- Response times vary greatly. If you haven't heard from us within 12 months and would like your manuscript returned or recycled, do get in touch by email first and we will attempt to reply in a reasonable amount of time.
- Luath Press does not enter into discussions by phone, email or otherwise about the relative merits or otherwise of rejected manuscripts or submission proposals.